Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Who was the bright fucking spark who decided to make books different shapes, huh? Whose bright fucking idea was that? Clearly, not someone who has ever tried to move a whole bunch of different sized books from one home to another. Clearly, not someone who has ever tried to neatly pack said books in boxes, and found the nasty horrible little fuckers are uneven and don't fit together neatly at all. Clearly, a right fucking prick.

And you! You are all (mostly) writers! I SEE YOU. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?!?! FIGHT YOUR FUCKING PUBLISHERS. DEMAND REGULAR BOOK DIMENSIONS.

The Revolution Is Coming.

6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, as I also have started packing my books. Sometimes there's just a fraction of a inch's difference and you don't want to push it too hard for fear of damaging the book, but there are SO MANY more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. And the boxes I have are too big, so I can't fill them with books anyway, but finding other stuff to put in is near impossible. I only have books. I've started padding out boxes with clothes. I need more boxes. I'll get more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there. Many times.
    I usually just end up putting less that can actually fit in each box and filling in the space with packing material of some sort. Really, if you try to fill each box to capacity you'll find that they're too heavy to carry anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to burn all these books. In fact, I think I'll burn all my wordly possessions, and go live on a mountain.

    The rent is probably cheaper there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear the Yeti is looking for a flatmate...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete