Saturday, September 24, 2011

Still the Echoes of Writer Past



I too have received my contributor copy of The Year's Best Australian Fantasy & Horror 2010. Very nice package. Oddly tactile, the cover has this peculiar waxy feel to it, I can't stop stroking the damn thing.

Among the ToC 'Acception' is lurking (page 141-170 to be precise). It's the scoundrel among fine company. I do not know if there are still copies of Baggage available at Eneit Press, that dear book is rarer than hen's teeth now. The Year's Best is however fresh from the egg, and available for purchase from amazon and indie books.

I never mentioned receiving my Ditmar Nominee's pin, did I? A neat little thing bearing the Southern Cross. It's arrival confused me; I should be proud, should I not? Every achievement is something to celebrate, crawling and clawing my way up this molehill.

But I am not a writer.

Remember 'The Mona Lisa'? That little ditty Jeff VanderMeer and I wrote for Halo: Evolutions. And remember how they were animating it? It's done. All 11 episodes and the full story arc are out, and some awesome being in France has knit them together into the full film, 1 hour and 3 minutes of WHOA.



Again, Pyramid and One have done some superb work. The Flood are genuinely creepy and [spoiler spoiler spoiler] when [spoiler spoiler omg so much spoiler] was just EEEEK.

My favourite bit? This bit.



Benti & Henry. BFF.

2 comments:

  1. Yay TessTess! I think you're a writer, so...SHUT YO MOUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling over the cover illo.

    Aussi, merde, la Mona Lisa est badass!

    ReplyDelete